Thursday, January 21, 2010

Help with my Fungus Toenails?

About 6 years ago I started developing fungus on my toenails. It got all yellow and then suddenly fell off. It never grew back ever since. One of my nails would grow then just break again. I really need help what should I do? My doctor says its genetic but I cant really trust them because I didn't explain them that I had fungus.Help with my Fungus Toenails?
Fungal diseases are called mycoses. Mycoses can affect your skin,nails,body hair.





Medicines applied directly to the infected area are available by prescription and over the counter for treating skin and nail fungal infections. Doctors usually prescribe oral antifungal medications cautiously because all of them,even the milder medicines for skin and nail fungi,can have very serious side effects.





Ask your doctor for a culture..in the meanwhile use a OTC cream or ointment from your nearest Pharmacy. Talk to the Pharmacist there, he may be able to help you.Help with my Fungus Toenails?
You never know, the doctor may know what he's talking about, but really, when you go to the doctor, just be honest with them and also tell them what you think the problem may be. They aren't God so they don't know everything; that one may just have been off his game that day and may have helped if you pointed him in the right direction. Hey it's your body so you would know more about it than them in certain incidences.





Having said all that, if it is a fungus then you need an anti fungal medicine. Griseofulvin is the most commonly prescribed anti fungal medicine. You have to take it for up to 6 weeks, but at the end of the 6 weeks you will have the opportunity to grow healthy nails again.





Go to a different doctor tomorrow if you can, let him know what you think and take it from there.





Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment