Thursday, January 21, 2010

My son is 6 month old and 8 out of 10 toenails have never needed cut.?

I cut his finger nails when every week, and his big toenails when they need it, but the other toenails do not look long enough to cut.


My question is: Are the nails there but just ingrown?, I ask his dr but he does not really look, and he tells me they are fine.My son is 6 month old and 8 out of 10 toenails have never needed cut.?
My son is seven months old and i have only cut his big toe nails also. I cut his fingernails every week. I guess in time the toe nails will grow. Thank god they dont grow quick because i dont know if i could hold him still to cut them.My son is 6 month old and 8 out of 10 toenails have never needed cut.?
When my son was born the hospital cut his toe nails too short. All 10 of them bled really bad. I was irate that they cut them that short. He is now almost 3 and his toe nails will not grow. His big toe nails will only grow to the middle of his toe. The others will grow but them break off into the quick. The Dr. says that it is just the effects of the hospital cutting them too short and that hopefully he will out grow it sometime. Sometimes they are extremely painful for him and other times it seems OK. I would think back to when he was born and if you noticed if they were cut really short (most parents probably didn't b/c they were so happy about their new baby) I wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't been bleeding an had a band aid on EVERY toe. If not then just consider yourself lucky. I hate clipping my child's nails.
Consider yourself lucky. He's just six months old! Give those little toes time to grow! Sometimes the nails on the toes are just slower. That's how it was with my son.
That's interesting. try googling it. Or consider yourself lucky :)
I have two sons, and their toe nails grow considerably slower than their fingers nails. I usually cut their finger nails twice a week, and their toenails about once a month, if that.





To check if they're ingrown, look at the skin around the toenails. Is it red and puffy looking? Do the nails grow down INTO the skin, or can you slide your fingernails underneath them?
My baby did the same thing! Just her big toes need cutting most of the time. I'm sure it's fine.
I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment