Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tips on how to trim dogs toenails?

Do you have any tips on how to trim a dogs toenails? My dog always tries to nip at me when i do it because he's scared and he also wiggles around to much. i have taken him to the vet but its really expensive and I dont know if pet stores trim toenailsTips on how to trim dogs toenails?
Pet stores do trim pet's nails, but if your dog is a nipper then they are more than likely going to put a muzzle on him. If you want to trim his nails at home, have another person with you. Get your dog the lay on his side and have one person pet him on his belly or back. (have a few treats in your hand) Then, try to clip one nail, if he's good enough, give him a treat. He will learn that being a good boy will get him a treat and he will be less squirmy.Tips on how to trim dogs toenails?
Put a towel over the dogs head. Have one person hold the dog while another trims the nails. A muzzle is optional. My dog would kill B4 letting sum1 trim her nails. My vet used a towel as described %26amp; my dog became as calm %26amp; submissive as a little baby.
Groomers trim nails, too, and they are usually not expensive - somewhere around $10.





I use a grinder on my dogs nails.
they have a pet edge grinder that might help. If all else fails then take your pooch to the groomer they very cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment